Famagusta Tennis Club (FTC) is one of the oldest and most prestigious clubs in Cyprus having been created from 1925 in its original home of Famagusta. It is currently located in a prime location in central Limassol and has at its disposal 10 courts (7 hard and 3 artificial grass) and an orange and red mini tennis court.FTC has currently over 200 registered members as well as over 350 junior members who are registered at the academy. Moreover, FTC has more than 20 of the top 10 ranked players, according to the latest Cyprus Tennis Rankings. FTC has a proud tradition of producing some of the best junior athletes in Cyprus and is looking to further enhance its reputation as one of the leading tennis clubs in Cyprus.
As part of its current restructuring program, FTC is looking to recruit a Director of Tennis/Head Coach to work alongside the Club’s Executive Director and to =-oversee all the sport related activities.
- To create a complete academy structure, utilizing to the maximum and in the correct positions,FTC’s current staff of 8 existing coaches and one fitness coach and to carry out recruitment of any new staff required by the created structure.
- To lead and supervise the coaching team and create structured programs, mainly for competition/tournaments, as well as social tennis and to correctly monitor them, with emphasis given on a structured development of FTC’s competitive tennis players.
- To undertake a certain number of lessons for the FTC’s elite players himself and to be actively monitoring and taking part in lessons that are being given by other coaches with the purpose of improving both players and coaches at the same time.
- To give tennis related fitness guidelines to the FTC’s fitness coach.
- To set the FTC’s sporting strategy and goals and carry out continual monitoring to ensure that the set goals are achieved at the end of the season.
- To be responsible for planning and implementing other tennis related activities like leagues, tournaments, camps etc.
- To promote FTC and act as the club’s sporting ambassador with the aim of attracting other talented players or sponsors to join the club.
- To Identify tennis related business opportunities for FTC and work in conjunction with the FTC’s General Manager, in a continuous effort to increase revenues from various sources like sponsors, special events etc and any possible oversees collaborations with other academies.
- To guide and nurture the FTC’s players in a way so as to create well rounded athletes and people by mentoring them.
- To create guidelines and criteria for the special benefits that are given to the FTC’s elite players and assist these players in finding sponsorships, gaining scholarships etc.
- To arrange conferences and seminars so both players and coaches can continually improve their education and knowledge.
- To create and uphold the sports performance and tennis records of the athletes with the assistance of the clubs’ administrator.
- Degree qualified in a sports related field is preferable.
- At least 5 years’ experience either as a head coach or as a sports director with proven results.
- Previous hands-on coaching experience required as well as coaching certification.
- Strong personality and team player who is able to act as a leader.
- Good communicator and organizer (Fluent English is essential).
- Hard working and results driven.
- Computer literate.
Renumeration & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate depending on qualification
- A chance to work in a challenging environment and in a pleasurable location
- Relocation assistance will be offered to the successful candidate if he or she are currently residing outside Cyprus
Type & Location of Employment
The position is for Full Time Employment. The location of the employment will be at FTC’s premises in Limassol/Cyprus.
If you are interested for this vacancy please send your CV via email to [email protected] (please quote the Job Title in the subject line)