On behalf of our client, a banking institution in Nicosia, we are currently seeking to recruit a Risk Analyst.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the identification, measurement and proper reporting of risks
- Contributing to the preparation and submission of regular and ad hoc reports to management, the BoD and the CBC, timely and accurately
- Identifying shortcomings and submitting suggestions to his/her line manager for improvements
- Keeping up to date with the products and services provided by the Bank, as well as any upgrades made to the systems and equipment used
- Monitoring key risk metrics and aggregated risk information in support of performing qualitative analysis of the Bank’s risk profile.
- Assisting in the monitoring of the risk appetite framework, including monthly/quarterly monitoring of metrics against limits and triggers, reaching out to risk owners for responses.
- Identifying, Mitigating and Monitoring Credit Risk:
- Assessing Changes in Largest Exposures
- Assessing Counterparty Ratings
- Reviewing if there are any credit limit excesses
- Reviewing Credit Limits
- Assessing if provisions are up to date
- Reviewing if concentrations are within stipulated limits
- Reporting all significant risks
- Ensuring credit risk reports reach all relevant parties
- Discussing significant credit risks, if any, with top management
- Conducting stress and scenario testing and analysis of Balance Sheet
- Reviewing past or anticipated changes in provisions, and identifying changes that need to be made in specific provisions
- Ensuring all transactions have full and proper documentation.
- Identifying, Mitigating and Monitoring Operational Risk:
- Co-ordinating and improving operational risk management within departments
- Reviewing all Internal & External Audit reports to extract relevant risk & control information for use in reporting and remediation.
- Monitoring and acting on any KPI / KRI adverse trends that arise
- Monitoring resolution of all associated Internal Audit recommendations and post-audit issues
- Tracking and analyzing incidences of frauds (successful and attempted), identifying causes, and implementing comprehensive measures to close loopholes, in collaboration with respective units
Skills/ Qualifications / Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Operational Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Risk Management or any other related field
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Operational Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Risk Management or any other related field
- Holder of a Professional Qualification such as Chartered Accountant (ACA), Certified Accountant (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) would be considered an advantage
- 3-5 years of working experience including 1-2 years of banking experience.
- Good knowledge of programming language R
- Good knowledge of MS Office (especially excel)
- Relevant local and international regulatory requirements
- Credit Risk or capital risk experience will be considered as an advantage
- Strong analytical, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Passion to learn and try new things
- Ability to work in a team and manage conflict
- Self-confident and self-motivated
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written.
The position is for the Client’s Head Offices in Nicosia.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, according to experience and qualifications.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Banking and Finance
13 days ago